Who is Clyde?
Clyde is an insurance technology company that has built a marketplace of top-rated insurers and administrators. Clyde enables Waterbox Aquariums to offer our customers great product protection coverage. Waterbox Aquariums works closely with Clyde to manage our protection plan program.
Clyde Protection Plans cover accidental damage from the time you purchase the plan, as well as extends our 2 year limited warranty, giving you an additional Extension Period of protection.
For example, your product will be covered if:
1. Aquarium is cracked or broken and does not hold water.
2. A hole or tear is created in silicone seams during normal use.
3. AquaIllumination Lighting is dropped in the aquarium and stopped functioning as it should.
Your Clyde Protection Plan does not cover:
1. Products that are delivered damaged
2. Cosmetic damage, like scratches, that doesn’t impact the product’s functionality
3. A third party improperly installs a product causing damage to it
4. Loss or theft
How do I view the terms and conditions of the Clyde Protection Plan before I buy it?
You can learn details about what is covered by clicking "Learn More" link within each product and you can view the terms and conditions of this contract by clicking the "see details."
When does the Clyde Protection Plan begin and end?
Clyde accident coverage is active starting on the day your product is delivered through the end of your contract. The extended warranty begins on the day Waterbox Aquariums limited warranty expires.
The below chart is an example of a three year Clyde Protection Plan. Clyde will provide you three years of accident coverage. You will receive a two year limited warranty from the manufacturer and the Clyde protection plan will extend the limited warranty for an additional year.
Purchase a Clyde Protection Plan
The Clyde Protection Plan is available to you if all of the following are true:
● You are a customer in the United States of America (excluding territories)
● You purchased directly from Waterbox Aquariums on waterboxaquariums.com
● Your order was placed on or after (3/23/2020)
● You purchased an eligible product
There are three ways to add a Clyde Protection Plan to your product:
1. On the Waterbox Aquariums website
○ You can choose the Clyde protection plan option at checkout when purchasing a Waterbox Aquarium.
2. Through the link in the post-purchase email within 30 days of purchasing a Waterbox Aquarium.
○ After purchase, you will receive an email from Clyde offering the option to add protection. You can click the link in the email which will direct you to the Clyde website. When using the email to purchase a Clyde protection plan, there is no need to create a Clyde account prior to the purchase of the plan.
3. Directly from Clyde’s customer portal, HiClyde.com
○ You have 30 days from the date of purchase or the delivery date (if provided to Clyde) to purchase a protection plan. It will be necessary to create a Clyde account prior to completing the plan purchase through this method. You must use the same email address that was used when purchasing a Waterbox Aquarium when creating an account to link to their sales order.
1. You cannot purchase a protection plan after an accident occurs
2. You cannot purchase a protection plan after 30 days from the product’s purchase date or delivery date if provided to Clyde.
To file a claim on hiclyde.com, you have two options. Log into your account, select the appropriate product, and click “File a Claim,” or they can file a claim as a guest by entering the Contract ID found in their confirmation email into the homepage on hiclyde.com. You typically receive an update on their claim within 48-72 hours and can check in on the status of their claim in their Clyde account at any time.
Yes, you can file multiple claims using your Clyde Protection Plan during the course of the contract’s term. You are covered for multiple repairs up to the value of the original product purchase price.
If your claim is approved for a replacement product, then your contract is void. You will have the option to purchase a new protection plan for your replacement on hiclyde.com.
There are no deductibles.
Yes, this plan may be transferred to any person in the United States. To initiate the transfer of a plan, contact Clyde at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No, this Plan does not cover for loss or theft.
Yes, plans may be canceled. Reimbursement will be prorated based on time remaining on the contract and reduced by value of any claims previously covered. A full refund is available if the cancellation is made within 30 days of purchase. Please contact email@example.com to cancel your Clyde Protection Plan.